The Society faces increasing costs in its activities, programs and publications. Please consider helping to guarantee and promote our activities through a gift to our General Fund. You can donate the amount of your choice, either by check or online payment.
Your donation supports all activities of the Society, including:
- The publication of our newsletter (The Federalist), e-bulletin, and journal (Federal History), all essential tools for federal historians to thrive in their work.
- The Roger Trask Lecture: an annual honorary lecture awarded to a distinguished SHFG member and held at the spring Annual Meeting. This lecture commemorates the contributions of Roger Trask to the federal history community.
- The Richard G. Hewlett Lecture: an annual honorary lecture awarded to an historian whose work illuminates topics of current interest and held in the autumn. This lecture commemorates the contributions of Richard G. Hewlett to the federal history community.
- Our Events Fund, which supports programming such as occasional tours, workshops, and social events that help students and historians develop in their careers and get to know one another.
- Mutual support we provide to partner organizations such as National History Day and the National Coalition for History.
If to donate by check, please write "donation" in the memo line and send it to:
Society for History in the Federal Government
PO Box 14139
Ben Franklin Station
Washington, DC 20044
To donate by credit card, please contact us at email@example.com
The Society's Legacy Circle helps perpetuate the organization and its work. Please consider including SHFG in your estate planning. Contact David McMillen for details at firstname.lastname@example.org