Excellence in New Media Award
Recognizes annually a digital born or based historical project that contributes to a broader understanding of the federal government created by any agency or unit of the federal government. Nongovernmental organizations, including federal contractors, who performed eligible activities on behalf of a unit of the federal government, will also be considered.
This prize will be conferred on a project that has been launched in the last two years and is publicly available. ON-going projects are welcome, and projects may be renominated, as long as a description with any updates since the original nomination is included. Preference will be given to members of the Society for the History of the Federal Government.
Any digital project including: digital collections, on-line research tools, blogs, websites, or web-based video by individuals, groups, community organizations, or other organizations may be nominated.
Individuals or entities responsible for the project may nominate themselves, be nominated by others familiar with the project, or be nominated by the award selection committee itself.
Nominations and supporting materials should specifically address three equally weighted criteria:
1. The creativity and/or innovativeness of the presentation.
2. The quality of historical research and interpretation resulting from the use of archival material, material culture, oral history, or any other appropriate form of documentary evidence.
3. The contribution to the public’s understanding of an aspect of federal history.
The award is made solely on the basis of the materials submitted to the Excellence in New Media Award Committee Members.
1. Nominations should be submitted through Google Forms. The deadline for submission of all materials is December 15, 2022.
2. Nominations should be submitted in the form of a written narrative not to exceed 1,000 words and clearly address how the project addresses the three criteria.
3. Nominations should include a link to access the project.
4. Nominations should include a copy of the nominee (s)’s resume or curriculum vitae.
Richard Hulver, Ph.D.
Thomas Faith, Ph.D.